With so many primers on the market how do you choose one that is right for you? Primers are crucial if you want your makeup to go on smooth and last throughout the day/night. Primers prep your skin for makeup application while providing a smooth poreless look. Several factors need to be considered when selecting the perfect primer, the most important being skin type.
If you have oily skin and tend to breakout, you may want to select an oil-free primer. If you suffer from redness or uneven skin tone, you may want to select a primer that neutralizes redness and evens out your skin tone. If you are unsure of what primer is right for you, you can always consult a makeup artist at a beauty counter or do some research online.
My personal favorite skin primer is from Victoria's Secret. I love the VS PRO Airbrush FX Perfecting Primer SPF 20. It comes in oil-free too, which is what I use because I tend to have oil skin as the day progresses. Victoria's Secret also makes this primer with a bronzer which is perfect for the summer. It gives a beautiful healthy glow while helping your makeup to stay put. These primers can be purchased for $18 in most Victoria's Secret stores or online at http://www.victoriassecret.com. A little goes a long way so this should last you awhile.
As far as eyeshadow primers are concerned, my personal favorite is Too Faced Shadow Insurance. This primer is about $20, but just like the face primer, a little goes a long way. This primer helps your eyeshadow to go on smooth and it helps keep it vibrant and crease free all day/night. I have tried a few other eyeshadow primers, but I tend to have oily lids and I find this one suitable for my needs. It can be purchased at just about any beauty store such as ULTA.


No comments:
Post a Comment