Saturday, February 16, 2013

B.B. Cream

As you are probably aware, B.B. Creams are now extremely popular. Just about every makeup brand has their own version. I do not like heavy makeup, so I decided to try a couple of B.B. Creams. I tried Garnier and L'Oreal Paris.
Both claim to be "miracle skin perfectors." I see nothing miraculous about either. While they are reasonably priced at about $10 each, they don't do much for me. I will say that I prefer Garnier over L'Oreal B.B. Cream. First, the colors do not match my skin. 
On the left, is Garnier B.B. Cream and on the right, L'Oreal. I have fair/light skintone and I chose Garnier B.B Cream in 'light/medium' and L'Oreal in 'light.' L'Oreal starts off white and is supposed to adjust to your skin tone. As you can see from the picture, when it starts to adjust to my skin, it does not even come close. In fact, it oxidizes very quickly. I find that Garnier's B.B Cream is thicker than L'Oreal, however, it does not moisturize very well as the product claims. L'Oreal's has a built in primer so it goes on very smooth, but also does not moisturize well. While I prefer Garnier over L'Oreal, I still have to wear powder and concealer when wearing B.B. Cream. In my opinion, they do not provide a flawless look as they claim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment